The Coalition of Hindu Youth (CHY) is an umbrella organization among Hindu youth and Hindu youth organizations to foster unity and share resources. In the long run, the purpose of CHY is to ensure the sustainability and prosperity of Sanatan Dharma by uniting the Hindu youth.
CHY, like HMEC, is a project of the Vishwa Hindu Parishad (World Hindu Council) of America.
For more details visit CHY Website: http://www.chynetwork.org/
The mission of the Coalition of Hindu Youth (CHY) is to develop as an umbrella organization among Hindu youth and Hindu youth organizations to foster unity and share resources. This network of Hindu youth in America would share access to resources, updates, and contact information for all others involved maintained by the CHY. In the long run, the purpose of the CHY is to ensure the sustainability and prosperity of Sanatana Dharma by uniting the Hindu youth.
As an umbrella network amongst Hindu youth and their organizations, the Coalition of Hindu Youth (CHY) seeks to foster unity and share resources to help ensure the sustainability and prosperity of Sanatana Dharma in America.
History and Purpose
The Hindu Mandir Executives’ Conference is an ambitious, albeit necessary, project, aimed at fostering unity and cooperation among Hindu temples in North America. Only as a single unit, with one voice, and a united front, can we lead the Hindu community today, and in the future. Without the temples the Hindu community is lost; they are our backbone, our strength, our fire. But this fire will be extinguished within our lifetimes if the future Hindu leaders of tomorrow do not stand up today to claim their spots. Great strides have been made by the first generation of Hindu immigrants; let us not lose all that progress seemingly overnight.
The need for a strong youth presence in the temples was recognized by the members of HMEC, and so the youth wing was born, dubbed the Coalition of Hindu Youth (“CHY”). The vision of CHY is much like that of HMEC itself–to see the sustenance and prosperity of the Hindu community, and temples, to perpetuity. CHY aims to network and unity the youth groups at all the temples, and even those groups independent of temples, across the continent. Together, we can work better, faster, stronger, and more purposefully. Through CHY we hope to create a place where we can learn from each other, and collectively restore the temples to the glorious place they once occupied in society.
1) Going beyond Bal-Vihar: How do you retain youth once they have “graduated” from bal-vihar or have reached the age when they feel they are too “old” to come anymore?
2) Outreaching through Seva: Why is seva (service) important, how do we start seva programs at our mandirs, and why is the mandir the most appropriate vehicle for seva?
3) Building a network of Hindu youth: How do we build a network of youth, specifically uniting Mandir youth groups, to share ideas and resources, learn from each other, and stand united?
However, CHY continues to refine its goals and mission. Some of the upcoming projects that CHY has undertaken will undoubtedly play a role in shaping of the Hindu community in the North American continent.
- Visits to temples to promote unity and cooperation within the Hindu community
- Aiding in the preparation of literary publications
- Developing a central resource and repository for temple youth groups to draw from
- Providing positive role models for the (even) younger generations
Send an email if you are interested, or just to say hi, at firstname.lastname@example.org. We are a very welcoming and informal group. The way we see it, your mere interest and dedication makes you a key part of CHY!