VHPA Organizational Structure
Governing Council (GC) – the main policy making body of the Parishad. Meets annually to review the progress of programs/projects and plan for the future. Members elected from different regions for a period of three years. With over 100 elected members this is the National body that sets the direction for the Parishad.
Executive Board (EB) – Executive Board (EB) – This is composed of all the Corporate Officers. The term “Corporate Officer” refers to the following office bearers of the Governing Council: President, Vice President, General Secretary, Joint General Secretary, Treasurer, Organizing Secretary and such other officers as may be created by the Governing Council to handle the administrative needs. The charter of this group is to attend to the day-to-day operations of the Parishad, within the guidelines and directions set by the GC.
Chapter Presidents/Secretaries – Officers of the local chapters of the Parishad elected by the local members. Form a part of the extended GC and participate in the annual meeting.
Advisory Board – Ex VHPA presidents and other selected senior members of the community constitute this elite board that counsels the GC on various matters including its long term vision and direction.
Chapters – Constitute the very foundation of the Parishad. The chapters are where the programs and projects of the Parishad get implemented.
National Projects Directors – The national projects are executed by a committee of members drawn from the GC and the various chapters. The Director facilitates the formation of the team, setting of goals and objectives, communication and reaching out to the community.
- The Chapters: the very foundation of VHPA are its chapters. Its very form, its image, its growth, its vitality and its strength depends on the chapters.
- National Directors: The national directors recruit members to form their separate teams. The team also includes the chapter level coordinators in each of these areas. Such interaction will promote increased sharing of ideas and experiences between chapters at a national level
- Youth Programs: Facilitate and promote youth activities including: camps, conferences, Bal Vihars, and CHY.
- Seva Programs: Facilitates and promotes all forms of social service, relief and charity work in the USA and in Bharat.
- SAC: Coordinates the development and execution of the SAC program and coordinates the liaison with the team in Bharat.
- Information Technology (WEB/GHEN): Conceives, designs, manages and maintains the foremost Hindu information and community network on the WEB.
- Public Relations/Media: Focuses on media relations, media watch, AHAD (American Hindus against Defamation) and image building..
- Networking: Facilitates and promotes networking – HMEC, HMPA, HAVAN, HWN, BVN, SevaNet.
- National Office: Responsible for the office administration, inter-organizational coordination, communication, Hindu Vishwa, training, finances
- Resource Center: Think tank, a network of thinkers and writers that produce high quality books, audio and visual documentaries, presentations, lectures on all aspects of Hindu ethos and heritage.
- International Coordination: Facilitate and promote the work with other International organizations
- Business and Religious Councils: Engage business leaders and heads of spiritual organizations in our cause.
Regular, proactive, spontaneous, open, constructive, supportive communication at the organizational and personal level, is the key to the growth and success of VHPA. This communication is achieved in various ways through:
- Officers Meeting
- Event Reports, Articles to Hindu Vishwa
- Web Site
- Annual Report at GC Meeting
- Email Communications from the National Office
- Other Publications for National Distribution
- Conference Call of Chapter Presidents, Secretaries, Directors