As you know Vishwa Hindu Parishad is governed by an elected Governing Council and presidents and secretaries of its chapters. A Governing Councilor (or Governing Council Member) serves a three year term starting on January 1. Normally, elections are held in September/October, just before the annual Governing Council meeting. Unfortunately, due to unforeseen circumstances, we couldn’t hold the elections in September/October of 2022. Hence, we have started the election process now.
I have attached the Nomination form for anyone interested in serving on the Governing Council from May 1, 2023, to December 31, 2025. If you are interested or would like to nominate someone, please use the attached from and follow all instructions. Please note that to be sensitive to environment impact of paper, printing and postage, the nominations forms are not being mailed by USPS. The nomination form, instructions on how to fill out the form and other details are available for download from the VHPA website:
Please reach out to us if you are not able to download the form.
The deadline to receive completed nomination form at the nomination office in Glastonbury, CT is April 30, 2023. Please make sure that the nominee meets the following criteria:
- Must be a Life or Patron member of VHPA since 3/10/2022
- Must believe in the aims and objectives of the VHPA and is willing to provide general direction for the VHPA work such as Bal Vihar, Youth Camp, Hindu Awareness Yatra, monthly meeting, hosting regional and national Hindu Network conferences in his/her region, Seva activities, Support A Child, HinduPACT, etc.
- Must stand for Hindu Unity rising above the considerations of race, ethnicity, nationality, provinciality, language, sect, jati/varna etc.
- There is a virtual monthly meeting of the Governing Council (GC) members. An elected GC member must attend at least 50% of virtual GC meeting in every quarter unless they seek permission from the President or General Secretary for remaining absent in more than 50% virtual meeting in any quarter.
- Must make every effort to attend the annual Governing Council (GC) meeting. (Note: No reimbursement is made to attend the Governing Council or any other meetings)
Elections Officer, VHP America 2023