September 27, 2016
Re: Donations to help the family of ailing 10-year-old boy – Kanu
This appeal is to support a 10-year-old Kanu who remains in the critical care unit at Philadelphia Children’s Hospital.
Some back ground for this appeal:
1. The Kanu was born with a hole in his heart. The surgery was done at the age of 2 at Hyderabad, India.
2. Since then, he developed Pulmonary Hypertension, which is not curable. However, it is managed through medication that is only available in U.S. They were advised to go to U.K. or U.S. for further treatment.
3. The father took a job and came to U.S. on H-1 visa. Kanu has been on medication but chances of infection are high.
4. The Doctors suggested Lung Transplant. And they found one within 3/4 months. Unless you have a Social Security Number the transplant is not possible. The hospital obtained a temporary number and took it away after the operation.
5. Now, he doesn’t qualify for SSN thus doesn’t get any SS aid which is normally given under Social Security Disability act after the transplant.
6. He is on 19 medications that require several medical machines to deliver throughout the day.
7. The father earns $90,000.
8. The insurance pays 90% of the hospitalization; Co-pays for all medications and the cost of hospitalization is $10,000-11,000 per day.
9. The father has missed 25 days of work which were unpaid.
10. His Visa has expired and he is waiting for extension; meanwhile he has applied for green card, which may take a few years.
VHP of America requests your kind contribution to help the family that is undergoing a lot of mental and financial strain. The VHP of America will work with ITA-Sewa Samiti and ensure that the donated funds only be used to help this family in need.
Please contribute generously. Your donations are tax deductible.
Please donate through VHP-America website
Choose Donation Cause as ‘Seva in America.’
You can use your Visa, MasterCard or Discover card for your contribution.
Or Make check payable to VHP of America and mail it to:
VHP of America, P. O. Box 441505, Houston, TX 77244-1505
In the check, please specify ‘Donation to Kanu.’
VHP of America Inc. is a 501(3) (C), non-profit, tax-exempt volunteer organization that helps needy people regardless of their race, religion, color, ethnicity, or gender.
VHP of America Tax ID# is 510-156-325.
Director, VHPA Seva in America